Writer / Nerd / Feminist / Fan-Girl / Ambivert / Cat Enthusiast / Body Positive / Depression Maven / Ace (she/her)
S.I. Mathews (Shalena) writes Young Adult novels and blogs about anything and everything. She lives in Tennessee with her family and pets.
- My family owns four dogs (Parker, Luna, Lucy, and Sonic) and two cats (Fat Fat and Ula).
- My favorite numbers are my old basketball jersey numbers, one for my high school team (31) and one for my traveling team (14).
- I have suffered from severe major depression most of my life and take medicine to treat it. I also suffer from anxiety and have occasional panic attacks. They suck.
- My favorite colors are blue, green, purple, and, although it is not technically a color, gray.
- I love making spreadsheets.
- I’m a caretaker for one of my parents.
- I have a day job in the transportation industry.
- One of my legs is shorter than the other. With that and my scoliosis, my knees and lower back are all jacked up.
- I have a sizable My Little Pony collection that includes both Gen 1 and Gen 4 figures.
- The first fan-fic I ever tried to write was about a soap opera I didn’t watch.
- My Chemical Romance is the band of my heart.